Location and rents
Northchurch allotments are on two sites in New Road; the lower site with 33 plots and the upper site with 50 plots. Some plots are subdivided. There is a waiting list and priority is given to Northchurch residents. If you would like a plot, please email our clerk.
- Rent for Northchurch Residents is £30 for a full plot and £19 for a half plot including water for hand-held hoses.
- Residents outside Northchurch pay an extra £6 for a full plot or £3 for a half plot.
- Tenants are also required to pay a fee of £3 for membership of Northchurch Allotments Association .
- The total rent is paid to the Parish Council by the end of October each year.
- You can find our conditions of hire at the bottom of this page.
We rent parts of the north of the site to three organisations:
- Sunnyside Rural Trust (SRT), a charity offering work experience for over 130 vulnerable local people and a farm shop.
- Sunnyside Nurseries that sells hardy perennials, alpines & ornamental grasses.
- O2, the telecommunications company, who have a mast disguised as a tree.
Our Allotments Committee has 3 councillors, 2 representatives from Northchurch Allotment Association (NAA) and several non-voting tenants. The NAA has a committee of 7 plot holders and 2 parish councillors. It holds social events and growing competitions and provides advice to tenants.
The rules for renting allotments can be found on our policies page.