WELCOME TO NORTHCHURCH PARISH COUNCIL
Making Northchurch a safe, healthy and vibrant community
Our mission for 2022-23
- Help local people to improve their physical health and mental wellbeing
- Make our roads safer
- Protect and improve access to the Green Belt and other open spaces
- Preserve the environment and increase biodiversity
- Preserve the historic identity of Northchurch
- Be open and accessible, and engage local people in decision making
What we do
Our 8 councillors are unpaid volunteers supported by a part-time paid clerk. Every year, we receive a small amount of your Council Tax to provide some local facilities. Sometimes we get extra funds through grants and awards.
Major services such as education, transport, rubbish collections, housing, council tax collections and fire and public safety are provided by Herts County Council and Dacorum Borough Council. We let them know how our residents feel about services in Northchurch and make representations on your behalf.
We own the Recreation Ground and Allotments, and we maintain 2 small cemeteries and some verges on the High Street. We use any additional money to support local charities and initiatives which we think will improve the social, economic, and environmental wellbeing of our community.
We welcome your views. If you have a suggestion about what our community needs, please contact us.